Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hope of New Life


I realize that it is Easter and that most people will be doing some sort of Thanks to God post or Happy Easter post of one knd or another. It is definitely a good idea and one which can be done just about any possible way. I've decided to combine my Easter post with another post idea that has been going around in my head for quite a while.

One of my friend's friend enjoys taking pictures of sunsets, and does a great job at it. The only problem I have with sunsets is that they end in darkness. The black night wins out and only the dim cold light of the stars is left. Sunrises on the other hand, start with the blossoming beauty of the rising sun and then it gets continually brighter and cheerier. The darkness of night is finished and conquered. One of the best benifits of my job is that I am priviledged to see many of these sunrises as I travel to work. Lately with my cell phone I have been able to capture a few of them however badly. This Easter I would like to share a few of them as we think about Jesus rising from the dead early in the morning.



What must have the glory of that morning been like? Surely all of creation was rejoicing over the triumph of the King over the grave.



"O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory" (1 Cor. 15:55)






Wishing you all a Happy Easter as we remember the new life that Jesus gives freely to all.

7 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, April 15, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

FIRST!!!!

heh, heh, heh...

 
At 9:09 PM, April 15, 2006, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

Nice pics!

 
At 7:11 AM, April 16, 2006, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Hooray for sunrises...and the Hope of New Life.

 
At 12:02 PM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 4:30 PM, April 16, 2006, Blogger Laughter said...

i love sunrises

:-D

thank you for sharing

merry easter to you all, albeit a bit late

 
At 9:01 AM, April 17, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

A-lookin' forward to the sunrise of the day if HIS return!!!

 
At 4:39 PM, April 19, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

ryc-thanks :-) actually, you'd be surprised at how hard it was to find a good "jello" pix. Stupid people making homemade bananacreme pies and clogging up the internet! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home