Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Week's Worth of Work

I think that my brother may have something with his pda. I know that several times this week I have thought, 'Oh, that would be good to mention in my blog' and now that I'm sitting here I have no idea what those things were. So instead I'll just brag about how busy I've been.:)

As you all know I've been working in Portsmouth lately, which for the most part has been great. The only real drawback (besides spending twice as much for gas) is the amount of time it takes. Lately my average day looks a lot like this.
4:30-get up and get ready for the day
5:00-leave the house and start driving to work
6:00-arrive at work, stay there ten hours, and hopefully have a good day
4pm-leave work and start travelling home
5pm-arrive home, get cleaned up, grab some dinner and if a school night get ready for school
5:30- if a school night leave for school
9:00- get home again and have about an hour of free time
10:00- go to bed and repeat the above.

This week however there has been no school which has made a huge difference. I feel like a normal person who can plan events on all the days of the week, instead of having to juggle things around. On top of having my evenings freed up, my housemate (who happens to be a public school teacher) went to his parents for the week so I had the place to myself.

With these two things combined, this last week has been a great one. Not only have I gotten lots done that I normally wouldn't be able to do, but I've also been able to relax more as well as simply enjoy life more fully. I won't bore you with the details but above working forty-eight hours I have been able to get my car inspected, give blood, have my taxes done, and a myriad of little things around the house have finally been accomplished. This week of break has really made me look forward to summer.

I also want to say, once again, that I'm really glad for the friends that I have. I had a great talk with one of them last sunday and then last night I went out and had a great time with a group of other friends. It is really good to get some balance to the people that I am around the rest of the week. While solitude is good, frinds are essential.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Believe me, I'm not a fan of it either :) Unfortunately without it, there would be pretty much zero overtime, and I like that even more than sleeping in.

 
At 2:09 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I'm-a-knowin' just how it can be, thet gettin' up early and a-runnin' late...
How very right you are, there pardner, aboot havin' friends thet is... ...they's downright valuble to a bloke!

 
At 5:36 PM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

I love OT. Of course, I like it better when I don't actually have to do the work, lol. so that just doesn't happen...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home