Sunday, January 01, 2006

Not Much

Well it has been well over a week and no new posts or comments so I guess I'de better put something up. Christmas went well, though my dad was sick most of the time that I was down there so that was a definite bummer. However I got to see my family again as well as many of my friends so it was definitely worth the eight hour trip both ways. What wasn't worth the eight hour trip however, was coming back to find my room vandalised. The first thing I noticed was a pink ribbon on my door. Then when I walked in, I was greeted by the sight of many pink ribbons strung across and around my room. My landlord's family had come over to spruce up the place and while they were there they had decided to do a little redecorating of my room as well. Pink ribbons on the ceiling, a pink ribbon sash around the window, the letters W.C. in pink ribbon on the wall and to top it all off a 'My Little Ponies' poster on the wall. I groaned, then laughed, then since it was one in the morning went to bed. Needless to say I took it all down the next day, except for the W.C., that is still up.

Tuesday, which I took off so I could recover, I ended up going into my local Red Cross Center and donating platelets. It is the second time that I've done it, and I certainly have plans to do it again. If you have never donated, either whole blood or platelets, please consider it. Not only are you doing a good deed and saving lives, but you also get rewarded for it. I came away with a really nice long sleeve t-shirt. I now have five blood donor shirts that I have recieved. My goal though is seven, one for each day of the week :-)

I know that this is going to excite you all terribly, but this last week at work I got to work in a transformer for the first time. Basically a transformer takes low amperage/high voltage electricity and turns it into useable high amperage/low voltage electricity. I'll admit that I didn't do anything other than help hook up wires but it was still an exciting first.

This weekend I had my first meeting in many many months. I can't prove this but it may have been my first since I have graduated F.B.I. over a year and a half ago. Over all it went fairly well, though I did a lousy job preparing for it. So lousy I was still writing notes ten minutes before I had to present it. No one stoned me though (of course that could just be because we were inside) so I have hope that it wasn't unbearable. And now I'm home again looking forward to taking tomorrow off, in which I plan to get some important things done but also enjoy myself as much as possible.

And yes I still have the hair pictures in mind. Fear not, they will be forth coming.

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, January 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great having you home for a few days! Come again!!

 
At 11:20 AM, January 02, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

And thankgoodness you had easy pass! I loved zipping thru the Tappan Zee. That rocked...

 
At 4:06 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

It certainly does makes things nice doesn't it ryu?

 
At 8:57 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger John L said...

Hey T-9, I thought you did a great job with your meeting. For what it's worth, I'm always tweaking my notes for a meeting right up to the last minute, no matter how much prep I put into it. Just seems like there's always something to fine-tune. Anyway, thanks for the good talk and for your faithful walk.

 
At 11:55 AM, January 04, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

I like the idea of the blood-donor wardrobe. Brad just donated blood too and got a T-shirt.

Hey- We missed you last night! A bunch of us got together at Z's house last night for dinner and afterwards we played - take a wild guess!- Trivial Pursuit! I wanted to call you so we could all give you a shout out but I didn't have your number and it was pretty late anyways and we figured you'd probably be asleep...Anyway- Nostradamus rules!

 
At 4:58 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Thanks Indestructible.

Claire, just to let you know it is never to late for Nostradamus! Rock on Nostradamus!

 
At 5:17 PM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

PICTURES!!!!!

The Order of the Choppers DEMANDS them, NOW!!!!

or forever be

!!!!KA-SIZZLED!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home