Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Friends

I spent this past weekend with a group of my friends and I realized something. Even though my peers are my friends there is a difference between my friends and my peers. I was in the middle of one group of friends but I was missing another group of people; my peers. One of the people I was with was one of my peers and the best part of the weekend was a conversation we had Saturday night. It wasn't the conversation that made it the best part, it was the time spent with someone I had a history with. Someone that I had connections with, that I didn't have with the rest of the group.

Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and I would go hang out with them at a moments notice and be willing to help them out whenever I could. My peers though are almost a step closer to being family.It is hard to describe but there is a difference there.

Thank you both, be you friend, peer, or family, for your friendship, your fellowship in Christ, and your endurance in keeping on.

This isn't exactly what I meant to write tonight, and even though I have said similar things before, I'm still going to post it because it is true and encouragement should not be kept hidden.


On a side note I feel like quite the genius. I took my car in to be inspected the other day and it failed because of several broken wires going from the car to the tailgate. I decided to try to fix it myself instead of paying the mechanic $73 an hour to do it for me. Using my great electrical skills I spliced the wires and then, at the advice of the repairman, soldered the wires together. First time I had ever soldered anything. And everything works now! Tomorrow I take the car in again, show them that the problems were fixed and get my sticker for another year. I feel so smart when I can fix my car!

12 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, November 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:14 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger maldrich said...

Hmmm...friend, peer, family...I guess that makes me uh..."that woman I know with lots a kids". Not really, wish we could have been there for the little get together. There are some good things about being single!

 
At 8:25 PM, November 09, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Why, you're practically a mechanic now! lol...

 
At 8:03 AM, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

radicle dude,!!!!!!! .. with the 73$ saved now you can buy more dishes to use so you will have a good excuse to wash dishes and not whine as does ryusoma in his cups, good job on the electrical on the chariot, it does give one a good feeling of accomplishment when one conquers those mt. everests of life. question?? whats the diff between a peer and a friend, ?let,s hear a dissertation on oyur thot,s. thanks

 
At 9:48 PM, November 10, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Quad,
A quick and dirty answer to your question would go like this.

A friend is someone who I enjoy hanging out with, share similar views with, and maintain some level of contact with.

A peer is the above plus shared meaningful experiences with, have had a history together, and also are usually of similar age with.

i.e, friend=chad peer=andrew
nutcase=brother or dad, take your pick :)

 
At 6:09 AM, November 11, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

go with the dad option :)

 
At 8:15 AM, November 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well,!!!!, what a response, so prompt, so full of wisdom makes me wonder what makes your clock tick, thanks for the disertation, but between you and ryusoma comments on the dad option i feel for him if by chance he reads them, you never know what will pop up on these blogs and you / ryusoma just proved that. two thumbs and two great toes to you both.

 
At 10:15 PM, November 11, 2005, Blogger melrandall said...

Hey, way to fix the wagon! I assume you used your mad crazy trigonometry skills...

And good post. I know what you mean... glad to be in that company.

 
At 11:57 PM, June 22, 2021, Blogger Metalbiz said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. One option that should definitely be considered is cash for cars near me, as they provide a free car removal service. Firstly, if you own an unwanted car sitting in your driveway, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise just in bad condition, you could really benefit from a cash for cars Gold Coast removal service. They provide a free, no-obligation, professional service to help you get rid of your unwanted car.
cash for scrap cars gold coast
cash for cars Brisbane

 
At 8:47 PM, June 23, 2021, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
scrap cars sydney
scrap car buyer melbourne

 
At 9:12 PM, June 23, 2021, Blogger Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
car removal mackay
car removal rockhampton

 
At 9:57 PM, June 23, 2021, Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car scrappers sydney
used cars for cash sydney

 

Post a Comment

<< Home