Sunday, September 11, 2005

Lazy Me

Back in Grade school I wrote a poem called, Lazy W. I tried to find it but can't, so here is how I remember it going.

Lazy,
lazy,
lazy,
W. is thirsty.
So he
waits,
and waits,
and waits,
for it to rain.

Why am I writing this? Because it is totally true. There have been at least four interesting, entertaining, and exciting things have happened in this past week and I have written about none of them. Because I've been to busy? No. Kidnapped and unable to get to a working internet connection? No. Struck down by sickness and have been unable to get out of bed? Thankfully, No. Simple laziness is the culprit. So to my loyal friends, fans, and readers I apologize. Yes it's true this is my blog and I can do what I want with it, but I know it is public and usually write with the knowledge that people are going to read what I say. I also look at this blog as practise for having personal relationships with other people. Relationships obviously take work and if I can't put effort into something personal like a blog, how am I supposed to put effort into something or someone outside of myself. So please bear with me as I work at it. And hopefully you'll even enjoy it :)

And now for something update-ish and newsy. I HAVE A NEW SOUND SYSTEM!!! The best part about having a job is that you get paid for doing it, and if you handle these payments wisely you end up with some money left over after necessary expenses. And if you wait and save this extra money you can spend it on things! For the last year or so all I have had for music was my computer and a little clock radio. The computer has been fine but the clock was my only link to the radio waves. I finally got sick of it and started looking through electronic magazines. After much agonizing I finally decided on a reciever and a pair of speakers. Now my room is filled to overflowing with wonderfully rich and beautiful sound. Not only can I finally get static free radio but movies are truly a multi-sensory experience. I was showing it off the other day to my brother, and after seeing a clip from the movie, 'The Matrix' (the lobby shooting scene) he described it as 'an assault on the senses'. I really have to point to God's blessing as the enabling factor and ultimate provider. Who says Christians can't have fun?

15 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Oh, for those interested. The reciever is a Denon AVR 2805 and the speakers are a pair of Infinity Primus 360's. Boy are they great!

 
At 7:43 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Everybody, when I said it was an assault on the senses, I meant it! It was fantastic! You could hear shells hitting the floor at the same time you heard concrete posts shattering at the same time you hear the guns chattering!

Wow, now, that was the way to hear that scene. I can only imagine the helicopter chain gun rescue scene >;->

 
At 9:31 PM, September 11, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Niiiiiice. I love LOUD. Rattle the windows, make the floor buzz. Yesss.

 
At 6:36 AM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Is it "So he lays on the ground and waits for it to rain." ?

Maybe not...

 
At 12:44 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger CKS said...

Sweet, Wesley! Glad you have something new to enjoy...I know that feeling, and I love it.

 
At 2:13 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Laughter I think you might be right. Your sister posted it as a comment a while ago but I couldn't find it. So I just did the best I could.

Right on Shamgar! Though I'm thinking center and sub first. Gotta get that manly bass booming. Of course, none of that will happen until I get a bigger more permanent place. Just no room for more right now :)

 
At 8:13 PM, September 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Birdy time! Hahahahaha

 
At 9:00 PM, September 12, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

You know, W C, you have a very random list of blog links.

I just thought I'd let you know. :-Þ

 
At 7:15 PM, September 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did somebody call? I thot I heard my name!

 
At 9:22 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

You're right it is quite eclectic. Ryu's list is good, but it just doesn't have it all so I have to fill in the missing pieces and that's what you get. :)

St?! Closer to devil in disguise!However since I'm so nice I'll make it if you promise to eat it. How's that for a deal?

And for everyone don't worry tomorrow will bring another post. I could write tonight but I have to work tomorrow.

 
At 10:28 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

one word to you...SLOTH! Maybe you should get a beanie baby sloth and set by your computer to remind you not to be lazy like I do.

 
At 10:29 PM, September 15, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

Just to clarify, I only had time to read the first paragraph of your blog so that's why I'm (probably) focusing on something that was so far from the point you made in your blog.

 
At 2:32 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger melrandall said...

I forget if I've told you this already, but the place where I work is frequently referred to as the "W.C." (and no, I don't work in a restroom). So you're pretty much famous on campus.

It is cool when working actually produces money -- I discovered this today when I asked someone about when we get paid (I didn't know if it was monthly or what, since I hadn't seen anything), only to find out I was supposed to go to some building I'd never heard of to pick up my check. Of course, since I didn't know where to go (never having an on-campus job before), I hadn't picked up ANY checks, so when I got there they handed me a stack of FOUR!!! Cool! So now I should probably go pick up some sweet speakers with lots of unintelligible numbers attached to their names (I'm such a girl).

 
At 2:32 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger melrandall said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:45 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

You know, that St. Busta Chop sounds like a righteous fellow! You should be more considerate, or he might call lightning down on you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home