Thursday, August 25, 2005

Interesting Incidences

No offense to my mom and dad (both of whom I love very much) but I am extremely glad that I live on my own and not at home. It makes for a much more interesting life.

For example, several weeks ago I came home from work to find several bags of clothing right inside the doorway and one of my housemates scurrying around gathering up his belongings. He informed me that he and another one of the renters were having disagreements and he didn't think that they could be worked out so he was leaving. This really surprised me because I was unaware of any friction or bad feeling between the two of them. I had even found them drinking beers together on the porch several weeks earlier.

(For those of you not in the know, I am one of four renters in a house. All of us being strangers to each other, brought together by the need of a place to stay.)

Several minutes after I came home my landlord pulled into the driveway and Nate loaded his stuff into the truck and off they drove. Later that day Norm (the landlord) returned and told me the whole story. The night before Nate had had several of his friends over and they all had a great ole' time drinking long into the night. (I can verify this part as I was briefly woken up about three that morning only to turn over and fall back asleep.) Sometime during the wee hours of the morning an argument started and some yelling ensued. Apparently this shouting happened right outside Frank's (one of the other renters) room. This woke him up and (according to him) he overheard some things that made him think that these kids were dangerous drug dealing punks.

The next morning Frank called Norm and complained about the noise plus several beer cans that had been left on the lawn. This led to Norm coming to the house and giving Nate a talking to plus a warning. (I should explain here that Nate is only nineteen and just starting out on his own so the warning probably scared him not to mention totally ticked him off.) He had it out with Frank and many words flew back and forth, including Nate threatening violence (nothing more than the typical teenage 'I'll punch you in the face' kind of thing) and Frank threating to call his lawyer and get a restraining order. Norm being the landlord wanted as little trouble as possible, so he told Frank that if he served a restraining order he would probably would have to leave. Frank already being worked up got even more so and left the house in a huff. Nate deciding that the problems were to big to bother with packed up and moved out. So jow we are one renter short and I, though being polite, don't spend much time with Frank. He's a little too excitable for my taste; who know's when I might get a restraining order given to me.

8 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

My goodness Bro, what selfconscious site did you stumble onto? This guy seems like a barrel full of insecurities from the way he responds :)

Anyway, glad u finally got a post up :) I would laugh if someday frank accused you of being a druggy or something :) Of course, I am glad that is all happening to you and not me! I like the quiet life...

 
At 5:31 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger maldrich said...

Yowsers! Careful 999. Perhaps we could nickname you the "NitMan" then we could all be reminded of your scary prejudices, drug dealing relations and if you ever get lice, it will work for that too! Ok...so there's a comment for ya. This is what happens when I can't think of anything else to say and want to comment anyway.

 
At 6:16 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Alexandria The Great said...

Yeah, I was so glad to leave my parents when I went to college. The whole finding-it-hard-to-treat-you-like-
an-adult thing. Would you believe that when I visited from college they would give me cleaning lists?

Living in a house with other guys sounds interesting, good luck with that man. I had enough trouble living in the dorms with one other girl!

 
At 6:28 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

I can totally relate with you W.C... my roommate and I, we can't stand each other... I have no clue how we've stuck it out so long...

;-Þ ;-Þ

 
At 6:30 PM, August 29, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

I jest, of course. For those who aren't familiar with my twisted form of humor.

 
At 7:30 AM, August 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAHH,!!!!! how nice to hear the soundsof a child growing up under the tutelage of the university of hard knocks, just the right amount of spice and flavouring to bring out the real character of the subject under the heat and flame for maturing,maybe you should knit or try it willhelp keep frank cooled down before he blows a gasket and loses his chillout...

 
At 4:08 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!!

 
At 5:44 PM, August 30, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Maldrich, that can be your special nickname for me if you want, but only because I'm so nice. W.C. Nitman, that kind of has a nice ring to it.

Laughter, if it weren't for you not being able to drive I'm sure you would've split a long time ago :)

Daddy-O, even though I try not to say never, I'm pretty sure that no knitting needles will ever find their way into my hands. I'll leave that for others to do.

And just think, there are only three people in the house right now. Imagine the possiblities when the fourth room gets filled.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home