Saturday, July 16, 2005

WooHoo!

Well as derrick mentioned at his site, I have purchased a new toy. Several weeks ago one of my co'workers mentioned that was really getting into an online game called World of Warcraft and was hardly ever using his X-box anymore. Being the game loving guy that I am, I perked up my ears and the next time he mentioned it, I told him I might be interested. After several delays (me getting cold feet, getting sick, him going to a different site) we finally got together and I bought his X-box. The console, one controller, and nine games. If I had bought it at a store the games combined would probably have been equal to the price I paid, so I essentially got the system for free. I felt like such a smart shopper :) Now, not only am I a smart shopper, but I'm also a smart gamer. Most games are much more fun when shared, so on my way home I bought another controller plus a racing game that I knew pretty much everybody would enjoy.

After helping my cousin move (a piece of cake for a strong healthy young man such as myself) I went over to my brothers house, thankfully only about a hundred feet away, and set it all up. Since it was fairly late we only played about two hours, but it was two hours of incredible fun. Racing, shooting, sword swinging, and generally trying to grind the other guy into the dust was so much fun. We put it away for the night but then picked it right back up again today. Right now the best games I have are Halo 2 and NfS Hot Pursuit 2. Both of these games have great multiplayer levels can even be fun for the whole family, well at least some of them. For now it is going to reside at my brothers (mostly so he can practice and get up to my level) but there is definitely going to be some fierce competitions in the future. Ahh, the ties that bind.

8 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, July 17, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Ha, like I'm ever gonna be up there in your level. I have spent years perfecting the art of mass consuming anime while you have honed your gaming skills. Each to his own...

 
At 6:43 PM, July 17, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Better make it quick shamgar, cause you won't be able to for long. As for a name, I usually go by either Assassin or 0009. My blogging name is actually a spinoff of the latter.

 
At 2:52 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

I just played a little StarWars Battlefront! Dude, that is gonna be a fun game!! I think you will like it. 1st person shooter...

 
At 3:14 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

So, Worsely, are you EVER going to write about the wedding? I imagine this whole dazzling gaming system has driven it clean out of your head...but SOME of us are still WAITING to hear about this farbulous, exotic, thrilling wedding experience you attended...WHERE ARE THE AFOREMENTIONED NUPTUAL-ANECDOTES? I DEMAND ENTERTAINING STORIES ABOUT THE SAID JONESY WEDDING!

 
At 6:25 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Here, here. I second the motion.

*Motion seconded, Motion moved*

*Wedding Nuptials Now have the Floor*

 
At 7:39 AM, July 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i third the aforesaid motion, enough games for now, to the chaseon real life,okay 999 let,s hear some good tales out of the north land, how was the whale blubber for snacks and the mucktuc for dessert. carry on ,the floor is your,s, for now, but don,t delay , the opposition is at the door for battle.

 
At 5:00 PM, July 19, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Don't worry I have it in mind. Hopefully by tomorrow, if not then by thursday. As for anecdotes, at work my new nickname is whitey. I was working outside today, rolled up my shirtsleeves, and the crew was blinded. We'll see if it sticks though.

 
At 7:36 AM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Haha, I know that feeling.

Whitey, you better not let your new games keep you from blogging. I think some of us would be rather put out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home