Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ethics

I know that I'm supposed to be posting about the wedding but this is more current and up to date, so bear with me. I took today off as I was feeling very under the weather. Sore throat, headache, rumbling stomach, and extreme tiredness. I've been expecting this to happen ever since coming back from N.S. Why? Late nights, bad diets, not being responsible, and the like. Obviously this has all been self inflicted, and most of the symtoms all stem from simple exhaustion. So now I have an ethical dilemma in my mind. Is it all right to take off work because of irresponsibility? My only comfort is that when I don't work I don't get paid, so I'm not cheating my boss or anything like that. I'm simply not working a full forty hour week, right? Any thoughts, anyone?

7 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, July 13, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

Wow- two Jones boys under the weather at once...sounds suspicious. I think there's some sort of video-game party going on at one or the other of the two residences...Sick days are made to be TAKEN AND ENJOYED. Don't give it another moments' worry. It doesn't matter WHAT the cause of the illness: DON'T GO TO WORK FEELING LOUSY. That would be doubly lousy.

 
At 4:37 PM, July 13, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

copycat...

 
At 4:02 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

I say your conscience shall be clear. Wouldn't it be cheating your boss more if you went into work feeling lousy and not being able to function with your full potential, and getting paid as your normally do?

 
At 6:49 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Ooo, good one, Shay.

 
At 9:53 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Hurray for being justified. I agree with Shay about the cheating the boss by working under par. And just in case there was any guilt it has now been expunged. I helped my cousin move today, after work. Three and a half hours of moving boxes up and down stairs plus lots of other things. I bet that's better than Hail Mary's.

 
At 8:09 AM, July 16, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Well, technically since you were working with me, that means it was all fun and no work, so I'm not sure you can count it as penance. Sorry to rain on your little catholic parade, hehehehe...

 
At 9:09 AM, July 16, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

hey, I found a site that allows you to have "currentmood" pix. check out my blog and see it in action. when you come over I can show you how to add it to yours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home