Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Wedding, Part One.

The big day started with me following my Aunt and Uncle to the wedding. I had decided to follow them in my own car instead of travelling with them so that I would have the freedom to come and go as I chose. I had been given directions the night before in case we got separated but they were rather confusing so I did my best to stick with them, glancing at the directions occasionally to try and orient my self.
During a straight stretch I looked at the map a little to long and without realizing it, started vearing off the road! Thankfully I looked up right before the tires went off the shoulder and swerved back into the lane.

(Side note here. I loved driving in Canada because all the highway speed limits are roughly 70mph. Even though it didn't make any difference in how I drove it made a mental difference. I felt like such a speed demon in my little brown wagon.)

Things were going fine other than being nervous because I thought we were going to be late. It was a two hour drive from where I was staying to where I was going and we had left (I thought) exactly two hours before the wedding time. About three quarters of the way there we stopped at a Mickey D's for a snack. My Aunt and Uncle were all relaxed and talking about plenty of time and having to kill time and I was silently worrying because I saw that the clock was ticking. While we were eating my uncle asked me about the swerve. After I explained, he said 'Oh I thought maybe you had dozed off.' Apparently some of the Jones' have a predisposition to falling asleep while driving. We left after eating, me getting more nervous by the minute. As we drove through dartmouth (essentially the same city as halifax, just on the other side of the harbour) I was thoroughly thankfully I wasn't trying to find the way on my own, it was quite confusing. As we pulled into the church I was totally confused. We were late, but there was no one there! And then it dawned. I had been thinking Eastern Standard time, but all the clocks were set for Canada time. We still had over an our until the wedding started. I sat in my car and signed the card that I had purchased (yes I know I'm a procrastinator). When it was time, I grabbed my camera and headed inside.

Okay that's enough for today, I do have a life you know. Don't worry, I'll finish this up within the next two days. I don't know why writing is such a chore but it is. So I'm going to go enjoy the beautiful day outside now.

11 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Yeah, you have as much a life as I do :) hahahahahahaha...

 
At 6:54 AM, July 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo, 999 ahs started his chores, good job so far, regardstime change, it is not canada time but atlantic d s time, if maine stuck out farther east ,it too would have it as well,but they don,t.enjoy your life while the rest of us hang. where the roads up there gravel or dirt you had to traverse. punch ryusoma.

 
At 4:06 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

So...uh...this sleeping while driving thing...Remind me never to ride with a Jones again.

 
At 5:05 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Mo said...

Woah... I dont' know of any Jones who fall asleep driving... or at least I've never heard of it on any journey shorter than about ten hours. At this end of the clan, we're known as the local speed demons/car freaks/those crazy Joneses who like driving stick shifts really fast. Although I've heard... and you can correct me if I'm wrong... it hasn't rubbed off on your end of the clan. Meh. No worries that I know of, Claire.

 
At 5:08 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Mo said...

Oh, and for the record, Halifax and Dartmouth were completly separate cities until just afew years ago... about 10, I think

 
At 6:09 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Well, the sleeping Jones' was from a story about Uncle Don, and Uncle Phil thought that maybe I had picked it up as well. As for the driving, I happen to enjoy driving stick-unfortunately I haven't had a car yet that I can really speed in yet. Maybe that's a good thing though.

 
At 8:09 PM, July 21, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Punch back to quad "4444". come on 999, smack him hard, really HARD!!!!!!!

 
At 8:32 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

You speed demon! Regarding the time differential, I'm confused. Wouldn't you have been an hour late? For example, if you thought the time was 1 P.M. because your watch was still on EST, and the wedding was at 1 (hypothetically), isn't that 2 P.M. Atlantic Time?

 
At 1:37 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

The wedding was at 3 o'clock A.T. I had translated into 2 E.S.T. I had forgotten that I had switched times so I was thinking the wedding was at 2 AT when it was really at 3AT.

 
At 2:25 PM, July 25, 2005, Blogger KJ said...

okay... it's been well over two days!

 
At 7:08 PM, July 25, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

yeah, what she said...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home