Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Night Terrors

I know you're all waiting anxiously for part three, however you'll have to wait just a little longer. I'm not cruel though, so here's a bone to keep you all happy.

Sunday night I was cleaning up all the junk on my desk; sorting, organizing, throwing away trash, when I picked up my wallet. I opened it up to glance inside and make sure everything was there. It seemed fine until I realized that my blood donor card was where my drivers license was supposed to be and my license wasn't in my wallet. This freaked me out as I had no idea when the last time I had pulled my license out was, and it could be literally anywhere. I searched through my other wallet, checked all the pockets in my shorts, kakhi's and jeans, and turned my room upside down. It wasn't anywhere to be found so I headed out to my car to look there. It wasn't in the door, on the dash, or anywhere in sight. When I went through the glovebox I heard a thunk as I pulled a handfull of paperwork out. There it was. The only reason I can think that it was there; two weeks earlier I had been pulled over and must have tossed it in with the car registration papers. It is definitely not a good sign when you go two weeks before you notice your license missing. But it is safely back in my wallet now and I don't have to worry about some creep stealing my identity.

P.S. I only got a warning when I got pulled over (it was for speeding) so that made me very happy.

6 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, August 02, 2005, Blogger melrandall said...

From the title, I was all geared up for some sleep-screaming tales. Ah well...

I'm glad you found your license, and are therefore not eligible for a part in one of those freakish identity theft commercials.

 
At 10:13 PM, August 02, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Oh! I despise those!

 
At 3:58 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

I would love to write about screaming episodes, but alas there is no one to tell me when they happen or what it was like. And I certainly don't know when it strikes, I'm kind of ,what you call, asleep!

As for the ads, they are hilarious.

 
At 5:18 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Nice hook with that title Bro! 2 weeks tho? Now that IS scary...

 
At 8:52 PM, August 05, 2005, Blogger Alexandria The Great said...

Hurry up and finish the wedding story...sheesh! &-p-&

 
At 4:38 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Lexy Girl, good things come to those who wait. Haven't you ever heard that old maxim? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home