Sunday, October 02, 2005

Worthy Is The Lamb!

Today has been a very emotionally turbulent day. A week long convention that my church holds has just finished up and I find myself challenged, inspired, and wanting more out of my walk with God.

A friend opened herself up today in an incredible way, which served to draw the cords of friendship so much more tighter; not just between myself and her but throughout our whole group of friends.

I was also waiting for an important conversation with a christian man that I greatly respect,every minute of which was nerve wracking. (The waiting, not the conversation).

On top of all of this, tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the death of a very close friend. Memories, thoughts, hopes, and emotions have all been stirred up because of this. Some sad, many happy, and also not a few filled with hope by looking to the future. We graduated together and each wrote something in the other's yearbook. The last line of what he wrote goes like this, "I look forward to getting back together in the future." Does it make me cry? Absolutely. At the same time though, it makes me look forward to the future with great hope and joy because I know those words are just as true now as when he wrote them.

Now I'm at home listening to selected parts of Handel's oratorio, 'The Messiah', while going through school yearbooks remembering, and praising God. With all these emotional storms going on, the Solid Rock has ever been beneath me never moving or shifting, and I can truly say, 'Worthy is the Lamb that was slain.'

5 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Nice post. I trust you are ok this week. Give me a ring sometime...

 
At 10:34 PM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

It is a good post and it makes me so thankful after reading yours and Ryu's that we're not alone in this and we all feeling the same things right about now. I looked to see what the last line in my yearbook was from him and it was "See ye about" and how true it will be.

 
At 8:16 AM, October 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Hallelujah! He IS worthy and is in every part of our lives as we let Him.

Love you. Mom

 
At 5:36 PM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

For more inspiration and glimpses of glory, get Brandon's meeting on tape...

Yes, it's been real to me that we have much to look forward to and the future holds GOOD things.

 
At 5:55 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Kate said...

Yes Do! I mean, what Claire suggested. I felt bad that Brandon's meeting ended up in the middle of the week when all of you were gone. It was most excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home