Thursday, September 22, 2005

To good to be true?

I better write this down quick, otherwise it will become past history (as opposed to future history) and I really don't like writing about the past.

My great day started Tuesday night. I got to school about five minutes of six, got a seat, (we have 26 in our class, so you have to come early to get a good seat) responded to roll call, and sat there expecting a normal night. Ten minutes later, I was walking out the door and getting into my car to drive home! The class before we had taken a math test; very basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, subtraction, and just a little bit of algebra andgeometry. Probably nothing harder than seventh grade level stuff. Before the teacher passed the test results back, he wrote on the board how many people got what grade. Four A's, Four B's, Two C's, Three D's, and THIRTEEN F's! Because of this, he decided that Tuesday night's class would be math review, but anyone who had gotten an A could leave for the night and still get credit for the class. Normally we get out about 8:45, that night I and three other left at 6:15! Needless to say it made my night.


The next morning (wednesday) when I got to work I was told not to get to involved with anything as I would be riding to another job later that morning. The foreman wouldn't tell me anything more than that though. About 7:30 (I start work at 6:30) the foreman pulled me aside and informed me that I would be driving his truck (a company vehicle) to a tire warehouse up north so that new tires could be put on it. Apparently the tires had been discontinued and the only place that had any in stock was over an hour away. He, being the foreman, couldn't really leave the job, so I was chosen to go instead. It was almost as good as a paid vacation! I listened to the radio, read some Bible, and paged through the National Electric Code book. I couldn't believe my luck! I was paid for three and a half hours of relaxing and sitting on my rear end. And to make it even better, it was an absolutely gorgeous day, which simply added to the pleasure of not working. I finished up the day putting up lights, and then went home and played X'box for several hours. It was one of the best work related days I had had in a very long time.

Of course now I'm a little nervous because I can't help but expect a horrible day to come along and balance things out. One of those 'To good to be true' things. So far so good though.

13 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, September 22, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

Wow! You read the national electric code book too?? It's all the buzz now I tell you. The plot is just incredible and I couldn't believe the ending! And when those two wire heads got back together, I just was totally shocked, just unpredictable. Don't you think?

 
At 5:23 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

I think Shay is going thru a sarcastic phase :)

And that is a cool day. Lucky you! Have a good Friday...

 
At 7:19 AM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

Shay,

hahahaha.

:-D

 
At 2:08 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

The only reason I mentioned the Code was so you wouldn't think I was a complete wastrel. I actually tried to do something work related, but then gave it up after a few minutes.

If you're interested Shay, I hear a sequel will be coming out in '08. I can pick you up a copy if you want. :)

Sojourning, I have no defense. Sometimes even I don't understand the reasons I do the things I do.

 
At 3:33 PM, September 23, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

oh would you that would be great. I heard that the movie is coming out soon! It's gonna hit #1 in the box office. =)

 
At 11:11 AM, September 24, 2005, Blogger drewey fern said...

Wesley! Congratulations on being in the top percentile of your class! :) Way to go. I loved those surprise days off, back in the day...

PS. Lisa you win the prize for writing the funniest thing of the day (if not year)!

 
At 6:27 PM, September 25, 2005, Blogger maldrich said...

Sounds like a good day to me...I'd take the car in for tire change anyday! With NO HELP that is.

 
At 3:39 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger drewey fern said...

Since I found out, via your last post, that I am a nerd, does that give me the right to remind you that your title should read "Too good to be true?" Or not?

 
At 3:40 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger drewey fern said...

hee hee hee

 
At 9:11 PM, September 27, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Absolutely! English is one area where I have no problem being corrected. Words and language are very important to me and any time I can learn to use it better, I am more than willing to drink from the fount of knowledge.

 
At 3:16 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger Laughter said...

*Glug*

 
At 11:52 AM, September 30, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

YES! I loved the part about expecting a horrible day to come along and balance things out. It is futile for people to try to keep up an optimist facade- THIS IS THE WAY THINGS WORK, FOLKS!

And I LOVE the word WASTREL. It presents an image in my mind of a slacker, delinquent weasel.

 
At 1:50 PM, October 08, 2005, Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Claire, your pessimism is depressing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home