Thursday, October 06, 2005

Out with the New, In with the Old

No, I didn’t forget how that quote goes, I simply twisted it to better fit my circumstances. All sorts of things have been happening at school which, while I have wanted to tell you about, have been unsettled enough that I have had to wait and figure out what is happening so I can accurately talk about it.

I told you about my first teacher who I liked and thought would teach me a lot. What I haven’t mentioned is that shortly after writing that, we (the class) were informed that he was being moved to an administrative role and we would be getting a new teacher. This new teacher, though well qualified, had never taught before and didn’t have a grasp of what worked well and what didn’t. In a few years he will probably be a good teacher, but he isn’t there yet. Our old teacher stopped at the end of a chapter, and two weeks later our new teacher hadn’t moved forward at all.

And then an amazing thing happened. The teachers (old one, new one, and other one) decided that the classes were too large and the students weren’t getting the personal attention that they should. Thus last Thursday we were handed a sheet asking us who we would like to have as a teacher. We could put first, second, and third choices, plus no opinion and they would do their best to accommodate all of us. Yesterday it was announced who would be in which class, and I got placed back with my original teacher! We had another introductory class and then got back to the chapter that we had ended on when he had left; trigonometry and how it relates to AC voltage. We are doing all sort of interesting things with angles, vectors and the like. I hate to admit it but I am almost enjoying it; don’t tell any of my former teachers.

14 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, October 06, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Excellent. Always nice when things go your way, eh?

 
At 11:26 AM, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great!! I'm happy for you and grateful- I'm sure your learning experience will be much better!

 
At 9:42 AM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

How catywampus! Glad it turned out well...Isn't it FUN to learn stuff that you WANT to learn?

 
At 10:29 AM, October 08, 2005, Blogger Alexandria The Great said...

That is a very unusual. Wish I was given that opportunity!

Freshman year, one of my professors had trouble getting her VISA and someone who had never taught was teaching us as a stand in until or real professor could arrive in the country. That was an interesting experience. When she finally arrived, her teaching style was so bad, the inexperienced, uneducated stand in was better in comparison!

 
At 7:01 PM, October 09, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Lexy-ouch, that sounds terrible :(

 
At 7:24 AM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Silas said...

Happy birthday!!

 
At 12:03 PM, October 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

weeehooo!!!!!, back from the frontierand look what we have, a real live b,day bash on the go.have a good one triple nine, may the day blossom, sun shine, breezesblow, peanies waft fragrance,pleasant road,may your bro,s trumpetsound sweetlyas he expires into midnite madness over the factthat it is not his day. let,s hear it for PONY BOY.

 
At 2:16 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

Happy B-day bro :) lol...

 
At 3:07 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Isaac Demme said...

Happy birthday homecracker!

 
At 5:03 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

Worsely! Happy, happy birthday to a luscious person. Many joyous returns of the day. Come visit us soon!

 
At 5:45 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

Happy Birthday to you, la de da la la la. Were you really embarrassed by your bro's blog or are you too laid back for that?

 
At 6:23 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm so glad you're in NH, Wes - don't plan on leaving anytime soon!! :)

 
At 8:58 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger TripleNine said...

Waall, thank you all ver'y much. It has been quite a good day.

Zack- homecracker?
Quad- thanks, I think. :)
Shay- I actually found it pretty funny.

Claire- nice spin on the name. It's almost as good as Ethan's version of Wuss-ley

 
At 9:27 AM, October 11, 2005, Blogger Isaac Demme said...

Homecracker is like homeskillet .... except that I looked up the etymology of skillet and you aren't one (despite your mad rapping skills).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home