Saturday, November 19, 2005

Learning Something New...

It's said that you learn something new every day. Friday was one of those days for me. It was a fairly normal work day and then break time came and all the guys grabbed their lunchs and we sat around eating and talking. Through one subject or another the subject turned to drugs (not pharaceuticals, but the illegal stuff). Now a lot of the guys are nice enough, I would even go do something with most of them; I respect a lot of them as electrictians, as well as several of them have served in the armed forces which I also respect. However my eyes were opened as to what is considered normally in the world and how sheltered I have been from it.Out of the eight other guys in the trailer (not counting myself) all of them admitted to using and/or trying drugs at one time or another in their lives. Every thing from mushrooms, to pot, to crack, to speed and acid. As they told different stories I was laughing so hard at times that I was starting to tear up. Stories of being in an empty room one minute, turning around and seeing a bunch of monkeys in the corner. One guy told of a time when he was standing in a city and he looked down. Under his feet were hot steaming biscuits, with butter melting on them, and as he looked around every surface he could see was covered in biscuits, as far as he could see. It was funny until one of the guys asked if anyone else ever had some drug memories, things like seeing shadows move, or hearing impossible noises. No one admitted to it, but it reminded me that drugs aren't just funny stories, they have consequences. A few of the guys also told stories of bad trips, where they would be terrified, or get sick, or lose control of some part of their body. Not good stuff.

I also learned ways to hide traces of it if you were getting urine tested. Things like vitamin C, cranberry juice, but not water because if the sample were too clear they would take other tests that could find out. If you've ever smoked pot, apparently it bonds to the molecules in your hair and stays there, so tests on your hair can show if you have ever smoked marijuna in your life. It was definitely a day chock full of learning.

Also for a while I have been getting advice on women, and offers to hook me up. It is known that I am single and apparently in the minds of many this is a disease that needs to be cured as soon as possible. Today I got a couple of great tips. Either I need to totally impress them, such as flying overseas to visit them when they are least expecting it, or (this one was my favorite) club them unconcious, take them home and then show them who's boss. Apparently they like men who do that. The source for this great advice, a twenty-two year guy who luck is not to be envied. I told him he should call himself doctor and get a show on tv. There's nothing like a little bit of entertainment to make the day go by faster.

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Claire said...

The whole clubbing girls unconscious thing? Bad idea. Trust me. It might get you in more trouble than taking drugs. (The flying overseas thing- much better.)Thanks for the hilarious stories and useful tips. Super good post!

 
At 6:50 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Booker said...

No wonder I haven't been getting anywhere, I've been WAY too nice it seems! lol...

 
At 8:42 PM, November 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thanks for the input. Maybe I'll sort of join them together. Surprise her with a clubbing or something like that. :)

 
At 8:09 PM, November 27, 2005, Blogger Isaac Demme said...

Yeah, and if she isn't overseas you could club her, take her overseas, then suprise her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home