Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Good Day

Today I went to a different church than my usual one and I am very thankful that I did. Not only did I hear an excellent talk from the director of the local P.R.C. but I also got to spend some time with my extended family and have a good time playing outside in the snow. Besides the above I also had the distinct pleasure of hearing three extremely funny lines throughout the afternoon.

The first came in between the prayer service and the worship service. I was sitting in a pew and the pastor and the guest speaker were walking down the center aisle talking. After the guest made a remark about sitting in a pew several rows in front of me, the pastor responded, 'In this church, if you want a back pew seat you have to come early.'
It was funny because it was true, yet I couldn't help but wonder if it would have been funnier if it wasn't so true of so many churches.

Second great line of the day. I had been invited to lunch with the pastor and his family, which we had just finished. I was telling him that I would like to get together and have a talk with him in his pastoral position. Just then his five year old son walked by and right as I said,'as a pastor' he let out a loud 'hahahah!'
We both (the pastor and I)immediately burst out laughing. When we got our breath I asked, 'Is there something I should know?' and he came back with, 'Just ignore the man behind the curtain.'

Later that day I was out playing in the snow with the pastors family, some of whom were trying to build a snowman. The same five year son had a plastic sword that he was waving around and chopping up imaginary bad guys. After a little bit he came up to his mom (who was working on the snowman) and asked if the snowman needed a hole. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) he is still young enough to not have all his ennunciation down, so what we heard was, "Mommy, does the snowman need a ho'?" The mom was quick to assure her son that the snowman did not in fact need a ho'. In my defense I was not the first one to start giggling at this but as soon as it sank in I joined right in.

And that is the way to start a week off right. With family, friends, and good christian fellowship.

6 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Jill said...

Wesley, it was so fun having you with us yesterday! You made it a happy afternoon for all of us. We love having you over.

 
At 4:36 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa...

 
At 6:08 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Linds said...

That was definately one of the funniest things ever said!

 
At 11:59 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

hahaha..sounded like a good day.

 
At 4:30 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Yes, I showed up early. Early enough to go to the prayer meeting, which ends fifteen minutes before the main service. :)

I have a lot of other excuses too, if you want to hear them.

 
At 11:38 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

hey, comment on my blog, would you? something is screwey and I need to figure out what. Thanks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home