Friday, March 31, 2006

Flying High

This should have been posted last night, but I was to busy celebrating so tonight will have to do.

Several happy things have happened to me within the last several days so there was good cause to celebrate heartily. First, several weeks ago I had bought a stereo deck for my car. It was a big upgrade from the factory installed radio. Being the electrician wannabe that I am, I decided to test my wiring skills and try to put it in my myself. On my first try I forgot several wires and it didn't work at all. However, Wednesday, after being inspired by my brother to work on it, I grabbed my flashlight and started wiring madly in the dark. Forty minutes later, I reconnected the battery and was greeted by the sound of the stereo powering up. It totally made my night. Not only had I been validated as an electrian but also as a car mechanic. You guys will probably understand this, but it was one of those times when you feel all grown up and manly.

Secondly, with working ten hour days I have the option of either working overtime fridays, or taking them off. This week I decided right at the very beginning to take it off. It ended up being the perfect day to take off, too. Sunny, just breaking the seventies (hard to imagine I know, but New England isn't always cold) and no pressing issues to weigh me down. Even though I had a list of things I wanted to get done none of them were high priority so it didn't matter much if they got done or not. It was a great day of relaxing. That was a big boost all through the week looking forward to today.

Thirdly and most happily of all, last night was my last day of school for the year!! Part of the electrical training up here in N.H. is 144 hours of school a year for four years. Last night I successfully completed 147 hours for my second year, which means that I am half way done my entire schooling! I was/am so psyched!No more having to carefully schedule my life around my school, no more racing home and deciding if dinner or a shower was more important (usually the shower won out), one less deadline to be constantly meeting. These two years have sped by and give me hope and courage for the coming ones that they can't be any worse. Of course now I have to see if I can gather up the willpower to study on my own over the summer. But even if I don't, I'm still halfway done, WOOOHOOOO!!!

On top of that I'm full of caffeine and sugar, I just cooked something in my crockpot, I have plans to cook more tomorrow, and I deposited my federal tax refund today. It is tough to beat that. Truly my cup is overflowing.

8 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Don't yer love it when a plan comes together!!! 8~)

 
At 11:00 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

Dude-wicked CONGRATS!!!

Glad ur on summer break now :-) and that is cool about your stereo. Gonna have to listen to it this weekend...

 
At 11:23 PM, April 02, 2006, Blogger CARmelo said...

Glad life is going swell....it is fantastic when things go smoothly and on top of it weight is being lifted from your shoulders...I hope that many more days will follow suite..

 
At 1:00 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

dude, the background is red! is it supposed to be that way?

 
At 6:59 AM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE POST,human being, i,d say that your life is more than over flowing, it,s blessed to the tenth degree beyond infinity. nice to see some one who see,s their,s blessing and acknowledged it and not just think it,s a freak accident like so many do. good job on the higher edu. scores and your conquering the boom box tie down problem, trust your new music steed does behave itself, or else we will have to sicc on ild avalanche cowpoke on it to wake it up.

 
At 4:42 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Laughter said...

I like the template changes, nice color you've got there. :-)

 
At 7:25 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

The colors are only temporary, until I can get up a picture I'm looking at. I'm sure that there will be more changes before I'm finished.

 
At 7:28 AM, April 08, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

new post, slacker!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home