Saturday, May 20, 2006

Double Deuce!

I really don't feel like writing right now, well technically for the last four days, but because I know that you my loyal fan base are waiting for my next words I will overcome my apathy and fight manfully towards the goal of an exceedingly wonderful post; or at least a mediocre one.


As usually happens on a job where the same people are there for the majority of the time a sense of comradiere springs up. Unfortunately (at least for me) part of this comradiere includes the assigning of nicknames. I told you about the last job where I was ponyboy, whitey, and drink boy. Well now that I'm at a new job I have a new nickname. One of my foremen is Blackhawk, some of my co-workers are Red Hawk, Black Bear, and Brown Eagle. And then there is me... White Rabbit. Surrounded by fierce carnivores, the White Rabbit comes hippity-hopping down the bunny trail, sigh. I'm not entirely sure how I received the honor of this name, though I've tried to get it changed to White Tiger. Unfortunately to no avail, it has been used enough now that it has stuck. Thankfully most of these nicknames are like temporary tattoos. They don't normally last more than a couple of weeks, and practically never go beyond a certain job site. Here's hoping.

Now the main reason that I don't like this nickname is because it will totally destroy my credibility when I realize my lifelong dream of joining a motorcycle gang. That's right, I am now on my way to becoming a certifiable member of some punk-ugly, inner city, thugish 'cycle gang. At the end of June I will be taking classes to learn how to operate a motorcycle and hopefully earn my license to drive one. It will be approximately a twenty hour course of both classwork and driving practice. Even though I'm not planning on getting my own motorcycle I am really looking forward to knowing how and being able to drive one. So look out world 'cause here I come!

8 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

Ha ha! Pretty funny about the nicknames...Thanks for indulging your fans with tidbits from your life.

 
At 10:45 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger CKS said...

Maybe they call you White Rabbit because some girl named Alice is chasing you everywhere! Is that the rest of the story? You really shouldn't have shared the nickname, because, even though it may not outlast the job, WE have very long memories. Heh-heh-heh.

 
At 11:00 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger melrandall said...

W.H.!!!!!!!!

 
At 6:20 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

You need to watch Project ARMS, then you'll feel better about the White Rabbit...

 
At 8:47 PM, May 21, 2006, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Yes, I echo Claire- I enjoyed the tidbits- and now all I can picture is a white rabbit riding a motorcycle- complete with real cool shades.

 
At 8:58 AM, May 22, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Now all ya' need is a wiggly nose... 8~)

 
At 4:59 PM, May 23, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Asa, if there is I'm not telling you about her :)

Mel, W.H. ?? All I'm coming up with is What Ho and I don't think that is what you are saying.

Mrs. Rf, For sure the cool shades he wouldn't be complete without them.

Avalanche, that's quite all right. :)

 
At 3:48 PM, May 27, 2006, Blogger Mo said...

You so have to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail if you haven't already- white rabbits can be fierce deadly creatures...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home