Sunday, April 01, 2007

April's Fool! a.k.a. To Be(ard) or Not to Be(ard)

I think the best place to start this post would be with a Woohoo! I've finished Year Three with my Electrical schooling and now all my evenings are once again gloriously open for me to squander as I see fit! :) I must say it sure does feel good to know that I only have one more year to go. Now all I have to do is see what my average for the year ends up being. After finding out my score on the final, I'm not worried, just curious.

Also I think I'll say here that even though I don't really like where I'm working right now, or really want to be there, there are some good things about it. 1) I only have to drive about six miles to the park and ride where I then get picked up and get to ride in a company vehicle for the rest of fifty miles! Also I like starting at six-thirty so I get to see the sun rise every morning, way better than any sunset. Also this schedule keeps us from getting stuck in any rush hour traffic, so that is a plus as well.


Now, on to the real subject for this post! Last September I decided that I would take on one of the challenges that separates a man from a boy and see where I stood. This test, growing a beard! I'm proud to say that in this respect I am a man. Even though it took many weeks to fill in properly, it has graced my face steadily since that time. I actually became rather attached to it. It kept my face warm in the winter, it made me look older, and it filled out my face a bit more so I didn't look like a crack-addict model. :) (That is to say, to skinny for my own good). However as some wise man once said, 'All good things must come to an end' so also my beard was destined to meet its shaver, er...maker. This very morning I walked into the bathroom looking very bearded and manly, and stepped out looking young and boyish.
Looking at myself, I can't help but feel that I am setting myself up to be mocked tomorrow at work, as several of the newer guys have never seen me unbearded. On the other hand this morning at church I got a thumbs up from one of the ladies, so maybe it isn't so bad after all. What do you think is better, beard or no beard?




Try not to let the different angles or quality sway your vote. Next week, the joke continues....

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger Laughter said...

How about something inbetween... like the beard, but trimmed shorter?

 
At 7:59 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger Booker said...

crack addict model=hahahahahahahaha!
I laughed right outloud.

I second Laughters motion. But I vote for a goatee. You do NEED something. Prepare for the mocking tomorrow indeed ;-)

 
At 9:23 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger Aaron said...

I think the other two pretty much have it right, but I would like to add that you looked a LOT LOT LOT better at church than you looked in the bottom picture... :)

 
At 7:46 AM, April 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO FACIAL HAIR!!! SWEEEET. AS ONE OF THE LADIES IN THE CHURCH...(who shall remain anonymous...and is not the same who gave the thumbs up...), I MUST SAY THAT YOU DID A GOOD THING. (and some say you have a resemblance to Toby Maguire.)

p.s. goatees' are out.

 
At 9:12 AM, April 02, 2007, Blogger ~jenna said...

as the lady with the upward thumbs:) i say, the real thing is very attractive and keep it!!

 
At 6:58 PM, April 02, 2007, Blogger TripleNine said...

Well,

Laughter, I'll keep that in mind for next season.

Dj, :) Though perhaps a bit hyperbolic, it was definitely fun to write about myself.

Aaron, Thanks

Zan, hmm... As far as I know only five ladies in my church know about my site. One commented below you, two others are family and probably wouldn't hide their identity, so I think that narrows you down to two people. Hmm... Glad you're happy though. As for Toby Maguire, I don't think anyone has ever said that before. I'll take it as you saying I look like Spiderman.

Jenna, since you gave the thumbs up to the beardlessness, I'm assuming that's what you mean by the real thing. It shall be staying for awhile.

 
At 7:28 PM, April 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. Peter Parker.

 
At 9:21 PM, April 02, 2007, Blogger John L said...

My advice -- heed the ladies.

 
At 6:12 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Very, very nice. Much better without the beard. The picture you took of yourself is not the greatest, but fortunately I don't have to judge by it because I saw you in church. :)

(I am not 'Zan', but I am one of the ladies of the church. Kind of.)

 
At 8:50 PM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Brenda Jo said...

I'd say longish sideburns, no beard. Heed John.

 
At 9:53 AM, April 07, 2007, Blogger TripleNine said...

Thanks for your continued comments.

Zan- I know you commented anonymously but you wouldn't happen to be related to a Su-zan that goes to my church, would you? :)

John- sounds like very wise advice.

Brenda- unfortunately I've never had much luck with sideburns for some reason. Not sure why.

 
At 8:01 AM, April 08, 2007, Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Well...okay, I am Zan. A nickname of mine that goes back to my teenaged years. It was actually Zanzabar...designated by my bro-in-law.

Who-da-thunk you would get so many comments just because you shaved some facial hair off!

 
At 2:59 PM, April 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woe is you if we have to vote via the mug shots, the hairy one is the best looking. the non hair is enough to make the drivers license bureau camera burn out. BUT the non hair shows that you need very much some good old sun light on your face to give ti that healthy look, besides some nutritional fortitude. that phone camera shows up the reality all right, that,s why i don,t use them, one shot and the mother board would go up in smoke.
get a good tan first and then go with a touch of hair, keep that lean and hungry look at bay lest brutus brings the IDES of may to your front door.
good fortune on your final decision, i wi8sh you well.

 
At 6:09 PM, April 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That wasn't very nice.

 
At 7:35 PM, April 10, 2007, Blogger TripleNine said...

someone, it is quite allright. I know who that was, and the spirit it was meant in :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home