Sunday, March 25, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

As many of you know I am sometimes given to vocalizing in my sleep. Sometimes coherent words, sometimes not. Well this last Tuesday night, something happened that made me wonder even more about what is going on in my head when I'm asleep.

Tuesday night I got home from class, got things together for the next morning and drifted off to sleep. Before I knew it, I snapped awake glanced at the clock and saw numbers that I shouldn't have. I missed the alarm when it went off and now I was running late! I ran into the bathroom, still half asleep, and jumped into the shower. As the hot water slowly started to wake me up I realized that I hadn't turned off my alarm and the radio was still playing. Normally not a problem except that my condo buddy sleeps right next door and I didn't want to wake him up. Then as I started to think about it, I couldn't remember if my alarm had actually gone off at all.

As I dried off, becoming more awake and alert by the moment, I became more and more distressed that indeed I had not actually heard my alarm go off. I couldn't be sure though, because I am definitely not a morning person. I was listening intently as I opened the bathroom door. No sound yet, but that didn't mean to much. Then my bedroom door, still no sound. Either I had shut it off and couldn't remember it, or... Then I was far enough into my room to see the clock. 12:42! I couldn't believe it. Once more my mind was making my dreams waaayy to real. Silver lining to the cloud, I had extra time in the morning to read my bible since my shower was already all taken of.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Booker said...

hahhahahahaa! Now that was funny...

 
At 7:27 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger KJ said...

HAhaha... unbelievable!

 
At 8:09 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Chuckle....

 
At 8:09 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger brandywine said...

We played that one on a guy in college, Wes, but we actually had to change his clock to trick him.

What were you thinking? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home