Saturday, February 10, 2007

God's Timing is Impeccable

I just got home from talking with a friend of mine and came away with the renewed realization, that God as the creator of time, has complete Mastery over it.
When he invited me over, I didn't know exactly what he was going to say, though I had a general idea. After talking a bit about the general subjects he started bringing up some very hard (but needed) challenges that he felt God wanted him to talk to me about. Now the timing part comes in because for the last several weeks, the pastor at my church has been doing a series on Hebrews and the subject of 'Better'. It has been a very well done, encouraging, and uplifting series [he occasionally reads this, so I want to be nice to him :)] I haven't felt much of a personal challenge coming away from the services. And frankly I missed it. When I mentioned this to my friend he sort of laughed and said,'Well I guess you got it with both barrels tonight.' God knew it and tonight answered that need in a way beyond anything I could have thought of or expected. That's example one of God's control and timing.

EDIT: I talked with my pastor today and told him about the lack of challenge. He smiled and said he was glad to hear that, as he wasn't aiming for that in the current series of sermons. He went on to tell me what he was thinking and it made sense, so it is all cool now.


Example two also happened tonight. There has been a relationship in my life that I haven't been able to do anything about to move it forward for a long time. Then back in December things got switched, so instead of me waiting on them, they were now waiting on me. I thought this was a great thing and was all excited to get things moving, but instead I just seemed to spin my wheels and continue to go nowhere.Even though I wanted to move things along. Now my friend knows all this and the subject also happened to come up tonight when we were talking. Even though he has encouraged me in the past, tonight he told me that if anyone asked, he wouldn't recommend things go forward right now. That sort of opened my eyes and made me see/wonder if it wasn't God Himself delaying things until it matched His timing. He saw and knew that there were more pressing needs that needed to be dealt with first before what I thought was important was gotten to. So though tonight was hard, and I came away a little ashamed and saddened, I also came away renewed at the wonder and loving-kindness of the God I serve.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, February 11, 2007, Blogger ~jenna said...

what an encouraging post, i am proud of you!!

 
At 12:32 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger Claire said...

I appreciate so much your honesty and humility in sharing these things. I know God will bless you for heeding authority. You have no idea how encouraging this is to others. His plan, His timetable, His ways are indeed perfect.

 
At 3:20 PM, February 11, 2007, Blogger brandywine said...

Ditto to Claire's comment... and blessings to you, bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home