Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Out With the Old....

This last weekend I, among other things, finally got off my behind and replaced the very old speakers in my car. I had been wanting to do this for quite some time but just didn't want to spend the money. Then I had a review at work (i.e. raise) so I decided to have some fun and buy some electronic toys. Among these new speakers. Now I know that my car is a twelve year old car but that isn't something that I think about often. However when I took out the factory speakers, I was reminded just how much technology has changed in that period of time.



For example this is what those twelve year old speakers looked like.














Yeah, that's right, paper! Practically the same as what you would have your groceries bagged in at the store. On the other hand these are what the new ones look like.
A factory airbrushed picture I know. However even in hand these are a far cry from the old ones. The one downside is that they are installed in the back of my car (which is rather noisy) so the audible improvement isn't quite what I was hoping for. Next up, the front pair of speakers!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger KJ said...

Sweet! I think I'm getting new speakers in my car over spring break thanks to a kind relative in these parts! :)

 
At 9:55 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger Booker said...

should I start referring to your car as the "pimp-mobile"? ;-)

 
At 10:04 AM, March 01, 2007, Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Quality sound in a car is essential! I can relate because I went from a 1991 Toyota Previa (with two working speakers, no CD) to a 2003 Toyota Sienna Symphony (which means it has an especially awesome sound system!)and the difference is amazing! I hear things in my music that I never knew were there before!
Good for you, Wesley! (now for those front speakers!)

 
At 5:12 PM, March 01, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice! :)

 
At 10:13 PM, March 04, 2007, Blogger KJ said...

Correction: I am getting a new radio with a CD player... not new speakers... although they may be a possibility sometime too, if mine go bad. :) But anyway....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home