Sunday, July 16, 2006

An Uninterested Update

There is a reason why I'm updating, but it has nothing to do with comments or wanting to tell news. I just happen to be tired of looking at the same three lines at the top of the page. So to take their place here is something new.

Since last week, I have been working for my cousin. Now I still have the same employer, he just doesn't have enough work to keep me busy so I'm being rented out. Now this is the same cousin who got me started as an electrician two year ago, so we know each other fairly well and get along very well. He is also a pastor and as such doesn't work a typical forty hour work week, thus a very big change of pace as the last four month have been an almost constant march of overtime work weeks. I for one have been enjoying it.

Also to mix things up a little bit, my condo buddy has moved south for the month so I have the place all to myself. It certainly has its perks, but at the same time there are certain things I miss being all by myself.

And to wrap things up, I actually got to ride my brothers motorcycle this weekend! I can finally say that I have actually ridden a bike, not just toodled around a parking lot. Not much, but enough to get a taste for it. Maybe next summer I'll be writing about buying my own. We'll see.

5 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Go for one of your own!!! 8~)

 
At 4:51 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

you have no idea how hard it was to let you ride it. The entire time you were gone all I could think of was "how am I going to still love him as my brother if he dumps my baby?" It was nerve wracking.

and hurrah for lazy blogging :-)

 
At 5:55 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Yay! An update! ^_^

HAHAHAHA@ged =P

 
At 7:37 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger melrandall said...

I was a witness! I'm surprised that you had the patience to stick to the "loop." Once D let you have the reigns, you should have just gunned it down the road.

 
At 8:50 PM, July 18, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Oh but I did gun it down the road, Mel. I just had to get used to the bike first, that's why the initial loops. :)
It is a good thing I didn't have the right gear otherwise I might not have come back either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home