Thursday, June 15, 2006

Groovy No More

I'm struggling to find a balance between just writing to garner sympathy and putting down events so they don't get forgotten. This last week has been very expensive for me. Last Friday some of my power tools were stolen. I was hoping that they had just been moved, but after looking for over twenty minutes, asking several others to keep their eyes open, and not having anyone hand them in, I went ahead and replaced it all. One hundred and forty, and counting, to buy a new battery and charger for my drill. I haven't replaced the drill bits yet, so that will be even more when I do. Needless to say I was very angry at people in general for being capable of such low-down dirty nonsensical selfishness.

Then last night my car broke down, and had to get towed to a garage to be fixed. Thankfully I have AAA (I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it. More than worth the membership cost). It was fixed today for over four hundred, but with any luck will keep running for some time without any problems. Hopefully. And because of this I had to miss work today, so that just pours salt into the wound.

Thank God though that He has been providing for all these needs so everything is taken care of. And I have this coming weekend to look forward to. Friends always make things better. Plus the weather has been absolutely wonderful which is always a huge plus. Sometimes it just isn't worth being angry over some things. You can't change anything by it, and it only makes the day worse, or at least that's what I've found. Besides I don't want ulcers by the time I'm thirty. So cheer up, relax, and believe that God is in control taking care of it all.

8 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. Praying for you. No wonder you sounded so down...

 
At 9:16 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

Awwww...Poor Worsely. Don't worry- you are ALLOWED to whine with a week like that! But you didn't really sound whiny...People are EVIL! Sorry your stuff got stolen...It can really make you feel sick when stuff like that happens. And CARS are EVIL. How dare it break down on you?! Hope you get a real good Sabbath to rejuvenate you.

 
At 10:28 AM, June 16, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

It seems especially evil when someone steals the tools a man makes his living with... ...and that man is understandable when he becomes upset about such an event.

I'm reminded of something my mother used to say to my sister and I when we got mad. She would say "No sense in getting mad, you just have to get glad again." It's very true but wasn't ever fun to hear---I think if I had looked in a mirror about then I'd have seen visible evidence of anger in the form of steam shooting from both ears and both eyes glowing a neon red!!! 8~D

 
At 9:03 AM, June 17, 2006, Blogger maldrich said...

Just another reason to lay treasure in heaven I suppose! What scoundrels there are!

 
At 10:29 PM, June 17, 2006, Blogger melrandall said...

What a nasty week... so sorry. I hope you find a "free drill bit" bin somewhere.

 
At 10:49 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger ethan demme said...

here is a little sympathy for you...

chin up ol' boy, things will
work out for the best

ok thats enough :-)

 
At 4:17 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:24 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

sigh, I keep coming back for more. Hit me :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home