Sunday, June 25, 2006

Welcome Back to Me

Thank you all for participating in my scientific experiment. I decided to wait and see how long I could not write before I got a new comment. Unfortunately for the experiment, I've gotten bored of waiting so here is a new post anyway.

Last weekend I participated in some exciting classes. These had nothing to do with electricity; rather, they were motorcycle riding classes! Starting friday night and going through Sunday afternoon we covered all the basics. Rules of the road, how to operate a bike, basic riding: turning, swerving, riding over animals, and the like.
Even though it was a lot of fun it was also slightly nerve wracking. Mostly thinking about the whole crashing on pavement part. However everyone who stuck with the entire weekend graduated. Unfortunately there was one woman who wasn't comfortable enough, and left partway through saturday. That evening I went out and bought ice cream and a trunkful of soda to celebrate.

Then today I got out of work a little early so I went to the DMV and had my licence marked with a motorcycle endorsement. Now according to the great state of New Hampshire I can legally operate a motorcycle on the roads. What a great country we live in :-)

Now all I have to do is find a bike I can borrow from someone else.

6 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, June 30, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

don't be looking at mine now, she's all MINE!

oh, congrats :-)

 
At 6:49 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Yay 999!!! You gonna get yer own bike?---Whadda ya think of the Honda Shadow Spirit...??? ...or are you going to be a Harley Hog guy?!
Is this Ged guy really as stingy as he sounds???---Nah! I don't believe it!!! 8~)

 
At 8:05 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Love your background. And ged should learn to share.....

 
At 9:31 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

Hmmmmm....Playing reverse chicken with the commenters, huh?

The part about a trunkful of soda made me smile because I could just picture your trunk awash with a great lake of soda. I KNOW it was in bottles for real, but it was funner to imagine it the other way.

Congratulations on getting your motorcycle thing. Hope you don't have to ride over too many animals or crash too often. Good luck!

 
At 7:44 AM, July 02, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Avalanche, I just google it real quick and it looks like a pretty sweet ride. I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

And yes, I definitely think that Ged should share :)

 
At 8:41 PM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

ryc-thanks! :-) those were some real Man Hotdogs, weren't they? :-0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home