Sunday, December 21, 2008

Things of Import

Earlier today I took a walk in the snow. I was using the excuse of returning a rented movie to ascertain whether the roads were drivable or not. Or at the very least to see if I wanted to make them drivable. See I had been invited to dinner at my cousins house with not just him and his family but also Aunts, Uncles, other cousins, brothers, sister-in-laws, and friends. All that versus the stress of driving on snow laden streets, the possibility of getting stuck behind a plow going twenty five, or heaven forbid losing control and crashing my car on the side of a cold, dark, wet road.

Unfortunately since I totaled my car two years ago I avoid driving in snow whenever I can. So eventually I came to the decision to play it safe and not go anywhere this evening. As a consolation indulgence I decided to make a quick stop at my local Dunkin' Donuts and enjoy my favorite; a half hazelnut-half hot chocolate mix. Truly a drink of the gods. As I walked home, I had to laugh at how truly New England I have become. Walking on the side of the road in the middle of a snow storm with a DD's coffee cup in my hand. Feeling slightly better I started thinking about changing my Facebook status to reflect my feelings about hot drinks at that moment. Then I got home. And made the call to say I wasn't going to brave the roads.

Suddenly that drink seemed a paltry consolation. All this to say, I like my family, immediate, extended, and even honorary. And coffee, no matter how good it may be is never even a close comparison.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, December 22, 2008, Blogger Linds said...

We missed you!! And love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home