Sunday, August 19, 2007

" 'Nuff Said!"

Real quick before the busyness of another week starts here are a few pics of what I did this last weekend. In the last post I mentioned I was renting a bike and taking a trip around NH. I also put in a file photo of the type of bike. The one I ended up with turned out to be slightly different.


As for the plans I ended up deciding to go to the White Mountains in Northern NH. I had been there several years ago for a hiking trip and thought it would be fun to see the scenery and connect with God through His creation. So off I went.



And even though things turned out a little different than I had thought (i.e. no climbing of Mt. Washington) I had a great time of biking and seeing several other sites including The Flume and Cathedral Ledge. And I saw some incredible sights ranging from having an old train pass right in front of me, to majestic mountains to beautiful lakes.




From Thursday night to Sunday afternoon I ended up riding just about five hundred seventy five mile all in perfect safety. So I praise God for a wonderful weekend and safety through the entire time.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, August 19, 2007, Blogger Aaron said...

Looks like a lot of fun! That bike is very, very nice. :)

 
At 2:43 PM, August 20, 2007, Blogger drewey fern said...

AHHHHHHHHH! I was looking at the picture of the cliff, and wondered what that was on the cliff. Could it be a bird? So I clicked on the picture to zoom it in and OY VAY! They are PEOPLE! People with a DEATH WISH! That was the scariest thing I've seen all day.

 
At 4:49 PM, August 20, 2007, Blogger Booker said...

That bike was just SWEET! no other word adequately describes it...

 
At 7:39 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Did you ride to the top of Cathedral Ledge? The fence at the edge of the cliff can only be described as flimsy! We were standing at said fence, one day, a couple of years ago, when all of a sudden, a climber came up over the edge! One of those people with a death wish had actually gotten all the way to the top! Wild!
Glad you had a great weekend....there is nothing as pretty as our very own state of NH!

 
At 7:42 AM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

p.s. does this mean there is a bike of your own in your future, Wes?

P.P.S. nice leather...and I LOVE the helmet....!

 
At 7:05 PM, August 23, 2007, Blogger Booker said...

ryc- write your own post if your THAT bored ;-)

 
At 11:30 AM, September 03, 2007, Blogger Crystal said...

Looks like you enjoyed that bike!

Wow! There are people climbing UP that sheer rock cliff! Amazing!

You must have had a great trip. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home