Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Deep Question

I can't believe that people still check here to see if I've come back. Kudo's to you.

Earlier tonight some guys and I were sitting around talking about deep things and the subject came up about what we deserve. We went over the customary stuff about naturally deserving hell, but as Christians deserving to go to Heaven because of what Christ did on our behalf. Also included in that, that we deserve to be loved by God because of the covering of Christ's blood over us. This led us to onward to discuss whether or not we deserve to be loved by other people. We ended up spending most of our time together talking about aspects of this question. So out of a continued curiousity let me pass the question on to you.


Do we deserve to be wanted and/or needed by other people?

If so why. If not, why not.

Looking forward to your answers,
Wesley

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, November 08, 2007, Blogger Amy said...

I would probably say no. Because to start with we don't deserve to be loved by God at all. Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." so if we don't deserve to be loved because we're sinners, then excepting Christ doesn't make us not sinners anymore, it just means that God doesn't see our sin anymore because it is covered by Christ. So basically I think that i should love others because God in his Infinite grace and mercy loves me and I should show that to others. But that doesn't mean that I have a right to be loved by others. It's a privilege that God has given me amazing family and friends that love me in spite of all my faults.

And thats what I think I think...... *Grin*

 
At 8:05 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger brandywine said...

I would say that, instead of me deserving to be loved by others, others are deserved to be loved by me.

Each of my fellow humans are created in the image of God. He loves each of them and is not wishing for a single of them to Perish. So maybe I should feel the same way.

Furthermore, my fellow believing brethren are veritable children of the King of Heaven, and hosts to His Mighty Spirit. If that doesn't make someone worthy of love, than nothing does.

 
At 8:37 PM, November 09, 2007, Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

I John 4:7-21. Explains it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home