Saturday, November 18, 2006

At Last!

Believe it or not, the biggest reason for my lack of posts lately has not been laziness, business, or distractions. It has been simple lack of material. I'm not the type of guy who is going to tell you all about what I made for dinner, or how the other students in my class are twisted perverts, and I'm certainly not going to share all my thoughts and feelings about my love life (doesn't that make you wonder :-) ). However just a few minutes ago I finished doing something that is blogworthy enough for me.

For several years I've heard about how scary 'The Ring' is and for years I've wondered what it was like. Yesterday I picked it up at Blockbuster and just finished watching it tonight. Watching along, watching along, in my room, alone because my landlord (i.e. condo mate) is out, expecting jump scenes or really scary build-up's; but nothing happened. Sure there were some tense, expectant moments but nothing that stretched my nerves taut till they hummed like harp strings. It was just another drama. AND THEN, BOOM!! They hit you with a great surprise twist! It was enough to make me have to pause it, get up, open my door, turn on a couple of extra lights and start thinking about when my condo buddy would be coming back. I continued to watch, saw how they wrapped it up nice and neatly and then checked out some of the extras where they threw in a great alternate ending.

Now I'm not usually a fan of scary movies (I think many of you probably know why) but this was quite a treat. I'm not sure I would recommend watching alone at night, but don't be afraid to give it a try either, simply because of what you have heard. Not knowing who all reads this, I should give the caveat that it is rated PG-13 and does deserve this rating, so it isn't for everybody. However, I liked it; it fulfilled a long term desire of mine, so I blogged about it. If I can remember whether or not it bothers me tonight, I'll let you all know.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, November 19, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

Hmmm, now I'm interested :-)


However, a REAL blogger MAKES news. Heh, heh, heh. Like with 15min long, boring videos! hahahahahaa

 
At 6:59 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

If YOU can remember if it bothers you tonight? How about your condo-buddy? Did he have any reports of sleep-screaming wafting down the hall from your room at 2:00 a.m.?

 
At 10:41 PM, November 19, 2006, Blogger ~jenna said...

oh, scary is NOT my thing, you just descired why :)

 
At 6:59 PM, November 20, 2006, Blogger TripleNine said...

Derrick, you should try it some weekend. I think you'd like it.

Claire, awhile ago I asked Condo-buddy if he could hear my alarm in the morning, and he told me that he sleeps with a fan on, so unfortunately in this area, I'm afraid he's no help.

Baggs.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home