Tuesday, October 03, 2006

RollerCoastering

This past weekend was very eventful and lest I forget too much, herein lies a record. Though only an abbreviated record because I'm far to private to reveal all.

My mom has a very dear friend. So dear, that growing up I and my siblings called her Aunt, though she was no blood relation. A sort of Godmother I guess you could say. She had a testimony once, after going through some hard times about some of her closest friends. Deep water friends she called them. Based on Psalm 69:15 I believe. Even though I'm young and haven't gone through much of life yet, last weekend I had the pleasure of seeing that I have many deep water friends that I can count on in both the present and the future. Whether relational deep waters, or spiritual, or simply natural things that come along, I know that I am blessed in the friends that I have.

I know that I have said similar things to this before, but through different meetings, get togethers, and one on one talks with friends I have been reminded of what I have, that so many of my peers don't; or at least have in a different way.

I'de like to go on and write more but there just isn't enough that I could say to write about in this setting. Times like this I almost wish that I kept a journal, but considering how well I do at updating here, I only laugh at the idea.

17 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, October 08, 2006, Blogger brandywine said...

Arggh! I hate being two days early. :) Happy Birthday, man! May the waters ahead be clear, warm, and easily navigable.

 
At 8:20 AM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Wes!! Uncle Phil and I love you and enjoy every moment (too few!) that we overlap.

 
At 8:21 AM, October 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops, I forgot to sign "Aunt Bev" but who else is married to Uncle Phil??

 
At 11:48 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Laughter said...

Amen to the "deep water" friends bit. Can you imagine life without them?

Happy birthday, Wesley, with many joyful returns. :)

 
At 6:25 AM, October 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your birthday is a day to remember
and finds me thinking too -
that the world is much nicer
because of friends like you!


Happy Birthday Wes!!!!

 
At 9:08 AM, October 10, 2006, Blogger KJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESLEY! Have a great day and a God-blessed and friend-filled year ahead!

 
At 4:29 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger drewey fern said...

Great post, Wes. Amen.

And great reason to celebrate: your existence! Happy Birthday!!! God bless this next year abundantly!

 
At 4:42 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Linds said...

Happy Birthday, Wesley-heim! So glad you're part of our family!

 
At 5:31 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger melrandall said...

Happy Birthday, Wes! Thanks for being one of those deep water, happy few friends. I trust this next year will hold all kinds of deeply rich and soul-satsifying things as you march on with Him. Hope you had a super day!!!

 
At 5:47 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Claire said...

Horpy Burthdee, Green Dello! You're one in a million! It was nice to see you last week...

 
At 5:48 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

Better late than never! Hope it went fantastically...

 
At 7:25 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Hey 999---T'was sure good to see you last week---Happy Birthday!!!

 
At 8:36 PM, October 10, 2006, Blogger Shay Dawg said...

Happy Birthday! You should go treat yourself at that salon or something. This time ask for "lowlights" then you can explain to Derrick what they are.

 
At 8:44 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Booker said...

ouch...

 
At 7:34 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger lis said...

Happy birthday, and a very merry new year to you! :O)

 
At 11:06 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Umm, yeah, this is really sad on my part, but happy birthday a little late! :-)

 
At 9:13 AM, October 14, 2006, Blogger Mo said...

Happy (belated) birthday! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home